All given prices include shipping and export customs costs (DAP Ottobrunn). Parts must be ready for delivery dry, safely packed and with documents enclosed.
You have produced your order - what's next?
1. Weight and measure the package
2. Arrange a delivery
Arrange a delivery to Xometry Europe:
85521 Ottobrunn, Germany
Tel: +49 89 38034818
HS Code: When arranging a shipment of the order to us, use the right HS Code you got from our employee.
Do not indicate on the invoices that there are “samples” in the box, use HS Code.
Information on HS code isavailable in My Orders - Order Details (in Production Order file as well as in Parts to produce section: at the bottom of the page). There is no need to look for this code manually.
3. Upload shipping information at My Orders (How to create shipping?)
You should provide there photos of the package (Which photos should I provide?) as well as information on tracking number as well as
❗️ You can pack all the parts to one box. If there are several parts in the box, they need to be marked by Part ID and PO number (part 12345 (PO-1236), part 23456 (PO-6475)).
4. Print labels from shipping section (as in How to create shipping?) and send the order to us
(Xometry Europe, Ada-Lovelace-Straße 9, 85521 Ottobrunn, Germany, Tel: +49 89 38034818)
1. Parts must be ready for delivery dry and safely covered.
2. Every Production Order is to be packed in separate brand new cardboard box(es) of max. 25 kg each. If you use pallets, the weight of one pallet should not exceed 350 kg.
3. No empty space in the box: parts cannot move around.
4. Parts cannot touch each other: wrapped in paper and separated by cardboard pads.
5. Corrosion-prone steels are preserved with anti-corrosion materials right after production.
6. Boxes are securely packed, with clearly visible delivery and handling labels attached.
7. Actions described below must be followed when packaging parts produced for Xometry. Providing photos of each step is mandatory by the terms and conditions of the order.
Why packaging is very important?
- 63% of claims are made for damage to box content due to bad packaging.
- Failure to meet the guidelines may be a reason for penalties or rejection of order by Xometry in case if parts were damaged during transportation.
❗️ Please use our packaging poster to avoid the mistakes with packaging process
What is forbidden?
- Reusing old boxes (due to they may have lost some of their rigidity and shock absorption).
- Using plastic boxes (due to in majority cases plastic boxes cannot bear the shocks during transportation).
- Keeping stock of packaging materials in rooms with high humidity (as it may cause loosing its rigidity and shock absorbing features).
- NEVER WRAP THE PARTS IN PLASTIC (FOIL, BUBBLE, ETC.) as this may cause condensation and subsequent corrosion.
- NEVER OVERLOAD THE BOX MAX. 25 KG ALLOWED Heavy boxes are more likely to be damaged or broken during transportation.
- NEVER LEAVE EMPTY SPACE 63% of claims are caused by damages of box content due movements and shakes during the transportation.
- NEVER KEEP CARDBOARD BOXES IN HUMID ROOM Wet cardboard loses its rigidity and shock absorbing properties and cannot protect parts during transportation.
- NEVER USE SHREDDED PAPER
- NEVER USE BRANDED/ LABELLED PACKAGING
What are recommended materials?
Which photos we will need?
We should get a minimum 4 photos from you (corresponding to every stage of order packaging) - you should upload the photos at My Order page for every order.
1. Photo of parts before packaging
2. Photo of individually packed parts
3. Photo of parts separated from each other with dividers
4. Photo of open box just before sealing
5.Photo of package sealed (optional)