All given prices include shipping and export customs costs (DAP Ottobrunn). Parts must be ready for delivery dry, safely packed and with documents enclosed.
You have produced your order - what's next?
1. WEIGHT AND MEASURE THE PACKAGE
2. PROVIDE INFORMATION OF THE ORDER
Provide the number of boxes, weight and size at “My Orders”
3. ARRANGE A DELIVERY
Produce an order, pack it, and send it by post (delivery time max.7-10 days).
Lead time shows the time before which you must send the order to us:
85521 Ottobrunn, Germany
Tel: +49 89 38034818
When arranging a shipment of the order to us, use the HS Code (Where to find HS Code)
Please, do not indicate on the invoices that there are “samples” in the box, use HS Code.
4. Mark the box
Write on the box with big letters PO number and Part IDs of all parts inside. You can also stick to the box the label with the unique number of your order. Ensure that PO number/Part IDs/label is 100% visible and is not covered by other stickers.
❗️ You can pack all the parts to one box. If there are several parts in the box, they need to be marked by Part ID and PO number (part 12345 (PO-1236), part 23456 (PO-6475)).
In the comments to the orders please indicate what orders are inside this box.
5. TRACKING NUMBER
If possible, indicate the tracking number in the comments to your order at “My Orders”. You may also upload a shipment label together with photos.
Why packaging is very important?
- 63% of claims are made for damage to box content due to bad packaging.
- Failure to meet the guidelines may be a reason for penalties or rejection of order by Xometry in case if parts were damaged during transportation.
❗️ Please use our packaging poster to avoid the mistakes with packaging process
What is forbidden?
- Reusing old boxes (due to they may have lost some of their rigidity and shock absorption).
- Using plastic boxes (due to in majority cases plastic boxes cannot bear the shocks during transportation).
- Keeping stock of packaging materials in rooms with high humidity (as it may cause loosing its rigidity and shock absorbing features).
- NEVER WRAP THE PARTS IN PLASTIC (FOIL, BUBBLE, ETC.) as this may cause condensation and subsequent corrosion.
- NEVER OVERLOAD THE BOX MAX. 25 KG ALLOWED Heavy boxes are more likely to be damaged or broken during transportation.
- NEVER LEAVE EMPTY SPACE 63% of claims are caused by damages of box content due movements and shakes during the transportation.
- NEVER KEEP CARDBOARD BOXES IN HUMID ROOM Wet cardboard loses its rigidity and shock absorbing properties and cannot protect parts during transportation.
- NEVER USE SHREDDED PAPER
- NEVER USE BRANDED/ LABELLED PACKAGING
What are recommended materials?
Which photos we will need?
We should get a minimum 5 photos from you (corresponding to every stage of order packaging) - you should upload the photos at My Order page for every order
1. Photo of parts before packaging
2. Photo of individually packed parts
3. Photo of parts separated from each other with dividers
4. Photo of open box just before sealing
5.Photo of package sealed (optional)