Parts must be ready for delivery dry, safely packed and with documents enclosed. By default, for non-test orders, we use Free Carrier (FCA) terms according to Incoterms. It means that we arrange the main carriage and pay for it as well. You, as the manufacturer, are responsible for proper packaging and (if needed) for careful loading the package to the delivery truck that we arranged for the main carriage.
Why packaging is very important?
- 63% of claims are made for damage to box content due to bad packaging.
- Xometry arranges the transportation for non-test orders.
- Failure to meet the guidelines may be a reason for penalties or rejection of order by Xometry in case if parts were damaged during transportation.
❗️ Please use our packaging poster to avoid the mistakes with packaging process
What is forbidden?
- Reusing old boxes (due to they may have lost some of their rigidity and shock absorption).
- Using plastic boxes (due to in majority cases plastic boxes cannot bear the shocks during transportation).
- Keeping stock of packaging materials in rooms with high humidity (as it may cause loosing its rigidity and shock absorbing features).
- NEVER WRAP THE PARTS IN PLASTIC (FOIL, BUBBLE, ETC.) as this may cause condensation and subsequent corrosion.
- NEVER OVERLOAD THE BOX MAX. 25 KG ALLOWED Heavy boxes are more likely to be damaged or broken during transportation.
- NEVER LEAVE EMPTY SPACE 63% of claims are caused by damages of box content due movements and shakes during the transportation.
- NEVER KEEP CARDBOARD BOXES IN HUMID ROOM Wet cardboard loses its rigidity and shock absorbing properties and cannot protect parts during transportation.
- NEVER USE SHREDDED PAPER
- NEVER USE BRANDED/ LABELLED PACKAGING
What are recommended materials?
Which photos we will need?
We should get a minimum 5 photos from you (corresponding to every stage of order packaging) - you should upload the photos at My Order page for every order.
1. Photo of parts before packaging
2. Photo of individually packed parts
3. Photo of parts separated from each other with dividers
4. Photo of open box just before sealing
5.Photo of package sealed (optional)
If on the Job Board in Job's information and then in PO it is not stated that the partner pays for the packaging, you can include, after agreement with your manager, the cost of packaging in the invoice. In this case, the cost of packaging should not exceed
- max 5 Euro per box,
- max 40 euro per pallet (without wooden frame)
- max 70 euro per pallet (with wooden frame)